Friday, February 06, 2009

Not your Cousin Eddie's Jimmy Buffett Tailgate Bus










The Buffett Book crew has always loved the idea of the RV with a garage, and now it looks like the Volkner Mobil Performance is for sale in the U.S. for the low-low price of approximately $1.25 million sans Maserati.

Most Recreational Vehicle owners tow a car behind their rig for when driving around in a gigantic vehicle doesn't make sense. For instance, you don't want to drive one of these down Lombard Street. The Volkner Mobil, designed by a firm well-known for building heavy-duty commercial trucks, features a small garage underneath the main cabin floor where, traditionally, luggage is stored. The panel on the side of the vehicle opens and the cargo floor drops to the ground. A this point the vehicle appears to raise on its air suspension and the floor moves out where it can be driven off for a weekend at the Buffett show.

The Volkner Mobil Performance comes in 40-ft and 34-ft variants and the type of the vehicle you can stuff underneath depends on the version you get. The larger version can hold a Mercedes SLK, Maserati Quattroporte, Jaguar XK8 or vehicles of a similar size. If you get the smaller version you can still stuff a Smart fortwo or a Mini Cooper underneath.
See everyone in the motorhome lot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site
with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Exceptional blog and great design
and style.

my website: www.verawangshoes.org

Anonymous said...

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find
a lot of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for.
Does one offer guest writers to write content
for yourself? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome weblog!

My blog post :: whole foods catering austin